Sunday, March 19, 2023

Chief Rabbi: 'We need dialogue, I'm worried about civil war'

 https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/368899

"I'm not getting involved in the details of the reform, but we have to explain to them, to convince them, to meet with them, that at least in matters of religion, there is no place for the court's involvement," he added.

The Chief Rabbi brought the example of the 2018 ruling that the ban on bringing chametz (leavened products that are forbidden on Passover) into hospitals over Passover was illegal. "For instance, when it comes to chametz. People will be afraid to be hospitalized because there is chametz in the hospital. We have to explain it to them. Love your brother as you love yourself. I don't understand other issues, and I don't talk about matters that I don't understand," Rabbi Yosef explained.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.