Monday, November 1, 2021

Jewish Moderate Urges Believers to Take Stand

 https://www.nytimes.com/1988/03/24/us/jewish-moderate-urges-believers-to-take-stand.html

 Despite that outlook, Dr. Lamm said in response to a question that ''in 34 years of public life I've never experienced such open hostility toward the Orthodox'' from the non-Orthodox groups.

Rabbi Wolfe Kelman, a Conservative leader who is the executive vice president of the Rabbinical Assembly, acknowledged the animosity, but he said it came from efforts, particularly among ultra-Orthodox groups, to try to delegitimize non-Orthodox rabbis.

''The centrist Orthodox have not been our problem,'' Rabbi Kelman  said.

1 comment :

  1. The non-Orthodox rabbis function with a certain amount of chutzpah.
    "I don't keep kosher! I don't keep Shabbos! I'm okay with intermarriage! How dare you question my title and authenticity?"
    My line to the is simple: Do what you want but come up with an original name for your religion like the Chrisians and Muslims did.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.