Thursday, October 15, 2015

Noach; The dimensions of the GIGANTIC "Re'em" creature



Chazal discuss a creature, called the Re'em, that was the size of a mountain....

Was it a very tall animal? or was it actually short, and very wide?

The Gemarah Zevachim 113b, in discussing if the Mabul reached Eretz Yisroel, debates how the "Rimah" (which is the Re"em in Aramaic) survived the flood...

Could it be that the Gemarah itself had no specific tradition on this exotic creatures' physique, and is actually debating it's height?...

For questions or comments, please email salmahshleima@gmail.com 

Rabbi Shlomo Pollack

3 comments :

  1. Which issues of Jewish identity are addressed by these bizarre videos?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh stop the whining, I love these bazzar topics. They make the torah more interesting (not that the torah needs my 'haskama') His video on the 70 korbonos of sukot and the explanation to a 'Yalkut' using Gaust as an example was fun. I say keep up the good work. I cant seem to figure out his name though. When I repeat a good vort I like to quote the person who told/wrote it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I happen to think they're interesting.

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.