Friday, October 4, 2019

Opinion: What impeachment? Trump reiterates call for foreign governments to investigate his foes

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2019-10-03/trump-ukraine-china-investigate-bidens

You’ve got to hand it to President Trump — when he says he doesn’t see anything wrong with asking a foreign leader to go after his political rivals, he really means it.
Preparing to fly to Florida to give a speech contrasting his work on healthcare for seniors to the Medicare for All proposals advanced by some Democratic presidential candidates, Trump told reporters that Ukraine should investigate former Vice President Joe Biden and his son, Hunter. In fact, Trump said, China should too.

1 comment :

  1. Am I missing something? Donald Trump's rivals get a free "Get Out of Jail" card? But only if they commit their dastardly deeds on foreign soil?

    Ooooh. I want to play, too!!!

    Ok. Here goes.

    "Mr. Trump. I'm running against you."

    (So far so good.)

    Ring! Ring!

    "Yes? MegaGigaPlex Financial? Joe here. How can I help you? Oh, sure. I'll take a donation from you for my campaign in exchange for giving you asccess to the White House when I'm President."

    (I'm immune from prosecution. U.S. government can't touch me. I'm running against the President.)

    ReplyDelete

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.