Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sessions claps back at Trump: ‘You’re damn fortunate’ I recused from Russia probe

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/23/jeff-sessions-recusal-trump-tuberville-275241


Jeff Sessions strongly rebuked President Donald Trump late Friday after the president told Alabama voters to “not trust” the former attorney general over his recusal from the Justice Department’s probe of Russian election meddling.

“Look, I know your anger, but recusal was required by law. I did my duty & you're damn fortunate I did,” Sessions tweeted. “It protected the rule of law & resulted in your exoneration.”


Sessions faces Tuberville in a July 14 runoff. A poll conducted by Cygnal shows Tuberville leading Sessions by more than 20 percentage points.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.