lohud A New Square educator accused of molesting a young boy repeatedly over five years pleaded not guilty to the charges Tuesday in Rockland County Court.
Judge William Nelson maintained Moshe Taubenfeld's $25,000 cash bail and issued a order that Taubenfeld must stay away from his alleged victim.
Taubenfeld said little in court, entering his plea through his lawyer, Gerard Damini. His next court date is July 15.
Taubenfeld had previously turned in his passport to the police.
Taubenfeld is charged with second-degree course of sexual conduct against a child. The alleged abuse started Sept. 11, 2001, when the preteen boy said he came to the man seeking comfort after the terrorist attacks.
The abuse allegedly continued until the child turned 13 in 2006.
The boy, who has spoken to the media using the name Laiby, said he and his family reported the abuse about six years ago to community leaders, who discouraged him from going to police.
His experience was similar to those of other New Square abuse victims, including a young man, Yossi, who reported Taubenfeld's brother, Herschel, to police in 2011. [...]