Friday, August 21, 2026

Dead buried outside Israel

 Bereishis Rabba (96: 06)  The righteous who are buried outside of Israel what happens to them.  God makes cavities like channels for them in the earth, and they roll along in them until they reach Eretz Israel, when G-d will infuse into them a spirit of life and they will arise. How do we know this? Because it is written, Behold, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, O My people; and I will bring you into the land of Egypt; and after that, I will put My spirit in you, and ye shall live. Resh Lakish  said: There is a text explicitly teaching that when they reach Eretz Israel G-d will put a soul into them, for it says, He giveth a soul unto the people upon it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.