Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Donald Trump Insists It’s Entirely Possible Democrats Are Running a Satanic Pedophile Cult

 https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/10/donald-trump-qanon-town-hall

 “Let me ask you about QAnon,” Guthrie said, referring  conspiracy theory that a cabal of Democratic politicians, liberal Hollywood actors, and high-ranking government officials, who worship Satan, are running a child-sex-trafficking ring and simultaneously plotting against Trump, who is planning a day of reckoning in which thousands of members of the cult will be arrested. “It is this theory that Democrats are a satanic pedophile ring and that you are the savior of that. Now, can you just, once and for all, state that that is completely not true and disavow QAnon in its entirety?” To reiterate, the thing Guthrie was asking the president of the United States to reject was the completely insane, entirely baseless claim that his political enemies and other liberals are running a satanic child-sex-trafficking cult. Which is not hard to denounce, unless you (1) believe it and/or (2) are counting on these deeply disturbed individuals to vote for you. And yet:

 Trump: Can I be honest? [Sasse] may be right. I just don’t know about QAnon.

Guthrie: You do know.

Trump: I don’t know. No, I don’t know. I don’t know. You tell me all about it.Guthrie: Let me ask you another thing.

Trump: Let’s waste the whole show. You start off with white supremacy. I denounce it. You start off with something else. Let’s go. Keep asking me these questions. But let me just tell you, what I do hear about it is they are very strongly against pedophilia. And I agree with that. I mean, I do agree with that, and I agree with it very strongly.

Guthrie: But there’s not a Satanic pedophile cult being run by—

Trump: I have no idea. I know nothing about them.

Guthrie: You don’t know that? Okay.

 

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.