Saturday, May 8, 2021

Eyes that saw Rav Avraham Yitzchak HaKohein Kook - Rabbi Nota Greenblatt

 https://mishpacha.com/priestly-blessing/

 Rav Yitzchak took his young son to the city’s rabbi, Rav Avraham Yitzchak HaKohein Kook, to receive his blessing for a speedy recovery. The door opened, and Rav Nota saw Rav Kook sitting at his table wearing his tallis and tefillin, as was his custom.

“Rav Kook lifted me up, placed me on his lap and put me underneath his tallis,” Rav Nota paints the scene. “Then, when I looked up, I gazed directly into the tzaddik’s face.”

Rav Kook, who was a Kohein, proceeded to place his hands on the boy’s head and bless him with Bircas Kohanim. He then silently davened for a few minutes that Nota merit a complete recovery from his illness.

“He also gave me a brachah for arichus yamim. I’ll let you decide if it’s been fulfilled,” Reb Nota adds with a twinkle in his eye.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.