Thursday, September 2, 2021

Tamar Epstein: With the denial of R' Gartner and R' Stern - the Kaminetskys are the only Getless marriage supporters known to exist


 Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 10:00 PM

Bs"d R. ... shlita shalom rav, how are things, long time no speak. It's come to my attention that certain individuals (bloggers et. al) are identifying me as one of the Rabbonim who signed off on the Tamar Epstein heter of kiddushei ta'us. This is totally untrue. Please feel free to disseminate the gist of this email as you deem proper on a need-to-know basis.
All the best and have a 'gutten vinter'
Tzvi Gartner

ב״ה

לכל מאן דבעי למידע

הובא לידיעתי, שנתפרסמה בשוק, שאני  הייתי מהב״ד שעקרו הקידושין של ״אהרן פרידמן״ להאשה ״תמיר עפשטיין״, ובצירוף הרבנים הרב שלום קמנצקי והרב צבי גרטנר.

ומצאתי לעצמי חובה להודיע, שדברים הנ״ל דברי שקר הם.

מעולם לא עסקתי בדברים כאלו. ולא היה לי שום שייכות לדבר כמו עקירת קידושין של הזוג הנ״ל. את הרבנים הרב שלום קמנצקי והרב צבי גרטנר אני לא מכיר. ומעולם לא דברתי עמהם, ותו לא מידי.

ולאות אמת באתי על החתום ביום ל׳ תשרי א׳

דר״ח מרחשון תשע״ו    

גבריאל שטערן
My brother Rav Dovid Eidensohn sent this today
I spoke to Rabbi Gavriel Stern that somebody named as a signer on the permission for Tamir to remarry and he vehemently rejected it. I sent in his remarks in Hebrew to my brother. I know people who are seeking out a name of people who signed for her to remarry. So far, the only thing that makes sense is that Rabbi Greenblatt relied on Rabbi Kaminetsky and his son. And I know Rabbi Shmuel Kaminetsky and also somebody who got a Kesubo from him and it was invalid. He does not know the laws of Gittin, and he once asked me where in the laws of Gittin does it say about writing names. If he doesn't know that, he is surely not a Gadol and he surely has no right to tell Tamir to remarry without a GET.
We know a few other rabbis who have in the past indicated that they would annul a marriage, but none of them are "Gedolim" and Rabbi Greenblatt told me that he did what he did because Gedolim wanted it done. I doubt if any Gedolim signed it, because the big names that I spoke to all were furious about it.
Rabbi Mordechai Willig was so angry that he almost sputtered when he talked about it. Nobody believes that any Gadol who knows Gittin laws signed the paper, and the Kaminetskies I know are not experts in Gittin. I talk about Gittin because I have the warm backing of Reb Moshe Feinstein and Reb Yosef Shalom Elyashev and Reb Shmuel HaLevi Wosner and other Gedolei HaDor. I did my shimush homework for many years, learning under Reb Aharon Kotler and every Gadol I could meet. But today, who knows the laws of Gittin? A lot of them are making it up as they go along, and the result will be many questionable children in the coming generation.
I know that these people are concerned about women who need a GET. But why are they not concerned about babies born mamzerim? After all, some of them will be ladies.

No comments :

Post a Comment

ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.