Shemos Rabbah (15:05) Great was the love God showed to Israel in that He revealed Himself in a place of idol-worship, immorality, and uncleanness in order to redeem them. He was like a priest whose terumah had fallen into a cemetery, and who said to himself: What shall I do? To make myself unclean is impossible, and to leave the terumah there is also impossible. Better for me to make myself unclean once and then purify myself again, so that I do not lose my terumah altogether. Our forefathers were God's terumah, as it says:Israel is the Lord's hallowed portion, His first-fruits of the increase. They were among graves, for it says: For there was not a house where there was not one dead, and also While the Egyptians were burying them. God said: ' How can I redeem them? To leave them there is impossible, better that I should go down and deliver them, as it says: And I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians. As soon as He brought them out, He called Aaron and He purified him, as it says: And he shall make atonement for the most holy place
No comments:
Post a Comment
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.