https://jwa.org/print/pdf/
JEAN FREEDMAN: This is an interview with Hanna Weinberg. It's June 10th, 2001. We're in Baltimore, Maryland. I'm Jean Freedman, recording this for the Jewish Women's Archive, Weaving Women's Words project. OK. I always start out my interviews the same way, and that's by asking the interviewee to tell me the full name and when and where they were born?
HW: Well, my father was a rabbi. Established, in America, the Ner Israel Rabbinical College. My mother's family also was -- her father was a rabbi. We come from a long line of Talmudic scholars.
HW: Through my husband's people -- coming to my husband with problems -- I saw that this was needed and started that in somebody's house. Not in -- right in the proper, like where we live. And started working on domestic abuse.
JF: OK. So, you were telling me how your work with domestic violence started. You said your father had known this problem in Europe -- and people just closed the shutters. But you decided you wanted to do -- open the shutters.
No comments:
Post a Comment
ANONYMOUS COMMENTS WILL NOT BE POSTED!
please use either your real name or a pseudonym.